javelin
PM with attachments?
  • 2005/1/26 18:34

• javelin

• Not too shy to talk

• Since: 2004/3/11

Ive been asked to find out if I can send confidential attachments from one member to another.
How big a job would it be to add this funtionality?

The attachment would normally be a two or three page form usually done in Word.
They used to use e-mail but this was found unsatisfactory due to e-mail hacking and the general paranoia over sending info over the net.
Using the PM system or similar the information should never leave the site so should be as secure as the login procedure.

I guess you could cut and paste into the PM system but you would lose the formatting etc.

Dave_L
Re: PM with attachments?
  • 2005/1/26 18:59

• Dave_L

• XOOPS is my life!

• Since: 2003/11/7

Quote:
Using the PM system or similar the information should never leave the site so should be as secure as the login procedure.

To say "never leave the site" is misleading. The PM travels from the sender's computer over the internet to the XOOPS server, and then over the internet to the recipient's computer.

If the documents are really confidential, you might look into using encypted email. I recently installed the Mozilla Thunderbird email client on both Windows and Linux. Its Enigmail extension provides an interface to GnuPG (an open source version of PGP), and allows email to be digitally signed and/or encrypted.

javelin
Re: PM with attachments?
  • 2005/1/26 19:50

• javelin

• Not too shy to talk

• Since: 2004/3/11

Ok, I can see that,

however I have an issue in that the word, "e-mail" encripted or otherwise is worse than George Bush's name and I'd find it very difficult to sell if not impossible to the authority.

Login

Who's Online

501 user(s) are online (145 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 501

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Jul 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits