jmedodd
Pay Module: TNG Integration
  • 2005/1/26 4:24

• jmedodd

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/6/16

I would like to ask if anyone is interested in creating some sort of integration module for TNG.

TNG=The Next Generation of Genealogical Site Building
http://lythgoes.net/genealogy/software.php

It is by far, the very best online genealogy sitebuilding tool on the market today. It costs money for the application but it's a small amount and I'd be willing to pay for a license in order to help get this built. There is already a Postnuke convertor available but it's mostly a wrapper. I'm not asking for full integration, just a way to wrap it into my XOOPS site and allow all registered members to automatically become registered users of TNG.

If someone is interested, please can you give me an idea of how much something like this would cost? You can send me a PM if you wish or post it here. I am very interested in this type of project and if I can't get help here, I will try on one of the Rent a Coder types of sites.

This idea has been posted here before with no real outcome but this time I am willing to pay someone to help me. Thanks for any comments or suggestions.

Tophe56
Re: Pay Module: TNG Integration
  • 2005/3/5 6:05

• Tophe56

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/12/11

Hi jmedodd,
I just wanted to post here and thoroughly endorse your view re TNG as the best genealogy web effort out there.

Let me also applaud your efforts to attract a coder to the cause for XOOPSifying the TNG.

I too am a TNG user and currently run XOOPS and TNG side by side. It is VERY tedious having to get people (extended family) to register/login twice - not to mention a management nightmare.

I have tried postNuke, phpNuke, cpgNuke (8.2 and 9.1) and even an attempt by someone to get it "working with" Mambo.

On the genealogy side I tried phpGedView for a while... Until the frustration of driving it got me and I found TNG. What a relief and a joy that was!

I too have seen several posts re genealogy throughout these forums. Even though genealogy represents a HUGE web usage, still no-one has got this sorted out for one of the leading CMSs. Quite amazing really - I feel sure many TNG users would pay a few extra $$ for a good CMS module.

I would appreciate a PM to keep me posted if you have any bidders for the module development. I probably will post similar to this over at Mamboforge because I really do like that CMS as well.

I agree that the primary concern is with login - Admin and User levels.

Regards,

Chris(topher)

Login

Who's Online

232 user(s) are online (136 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 232

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: May 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits