PatsRule
Sorting and Xoops
  • 2005/1/25 1:02

• PatsRule

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/9/15

Hi all. I hope this is the proper forum to post this. I've done google , yahoo, you name it searches for this type of program or script, but none have stated how it would perform in an XOOPS CMS. This is what I want to include in my site.

A page with full sort features. What this is is a rankings page. Sort by either rank, name, team, average, and 5 invidual rankings done by my staff. So essentially 9 columns of sorts. I have one using DHTML, but it works only with IE 5.5+ and 6.0+. And all data has to be entered manually and that will take eons for this, inserting it in a .js file. That won't cut it.

From what i know, I can create the database in Excel, save it as a .csv file. Export it to word and there it will put in tables. The problem doing it this way is that i have to create a page showing the result of each sort and include all in my site and link to them. The other problem is... I need this to appear only to a designated group, so it would have to be in a module in order to set it to that group only. Unless there is a way which I don't know yet to hide individual php pages from anon users. I have the Sections module, which sucks by the way because there is no template file in it to edit. So I guess another question is.....what is a good module to use that I can add content done with tables in the context box so the content appears at the top without manually eliminating the line breaks. I created a 25 row, 8 column table and there were at least 300 line breaks. That would make it times about 45 pages which doing it this way would mean. LOL.

So what I would like are suggestions on what program I could use to include this from anyone who has a sort page on their site. Also if there may be another way or a script that XOOPS will read properly and incorporate to do this function. I haven't been lazy and there are numerous php sort programs that i've researched out there. But I value the opinions of the members here and since it is being used with Xoops, I thought it best I seek advise here before purchasing one.

Thank you in advance.

Login

Who's Online

178 user(s) are online (100 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 178

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: May 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits