adepto
Re: Problem editing my Groups
  • 2005/2/24 2:23

• adepto

• Just popping in

• Since: 2005/2/24

I have the exact same problem. And it looks to be a very old problem, because I found many of this in other forum topics. And nobody never give a solid answer. The closer that is to an answer is to say that is some "obscure" server misconfiguration. But nobody seens to know what it could be.

This is really making XOOPS not an actual choice for a site, because I can't choose what to show without the groups module.

I'm sure that this is a FAQ.

thebigkk
  • 2005/2/24 6:41

• thebigkk

• Not too shy to talk

• Since: 2003/10/27

Adepto, see my post, above for the fix.

Cheers,

Peter

adepto
  • 2005/2/26 14:10

• adepto

• Just popping in

Sorry theblkk, but it didn't helped me. They say we have no security problem, unless XOOPS is trying to access something out of the //wwww directory were it is in.

I have been thinking that it can be trying to access something in the public_html that is a symbolic link to the real www directory, but I have no clue of how too check it. Even that I can understand PHP, the XOOPS code is still too big to my undertanding.

thebigkk
  • 2005/2/26 14:33

• thebigkk

• Not too shy to talk

• Since: 2003/10/27

G'day again Adepto. All i can say is that i had everthing working fine for ages, and then my hosting provider made changes to the mod_security file.

When this happened I started getting the 406 errors. I then contacted the hosting providor, and they changed the settings back. Everything was fine again after they made the changes.

Cheers

adepto
  • 2005/2/26 17:34

• adepto

• Just popping in

I found the problem. There was another thread in this forum with the same question.

The problem is that the url for the groups panel had a pattern that was blocked for security reasons. If you can ask your host to change her filters then every thing will be ok.

You can also change your XOOPS code to use another URL for the groups panel, but this will require a little PHP skills. I made it and it worked just fine.

I think that this should be in the FAQ, since many people are having the same problem.

Remenber: Just ask your host to review his filters for something blocking any URL with "groups" in the name.

jdseymour

Please add it to the faq

petkove
  • 2005/6/30 21:32

• petkove

• Just popping in

• Since: 2005/6/7 2

found a SIMPLE but not permanent solution:

instead of: admin.php?fct=groups
write: admin.php?fct=groups&

& in the end... tricky

Login

Who's Online

121 user(s) are online (56 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 121

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: May 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits