hiest
Could not write into mainfile.php.
  • 2005/1/15 2:59

• hiest

• Just popping in

• Since: 2003/8/21

This is a main problem coming up for many IIS users especially with IIS v.6 seems the read only attri has changed and people are having trouble understanding how to change writable permissions for mainfile.php, cach, upload and templates_c!

Can anyone here on the forum or XOOPS admins put this in perspective I have done a search on this matter and have come up with the old IIS solution
http://docs.xoops.org/modules/xdocman/manual.php?lang=en&doc=xu-002&file=ch03.html

which is no longer valid with the new IIS.

Thanks for all your help and happy webing!
Maybe this will make new XOOPS members much happier.

Carpenter
Re: Could not write into mainfile.php.
  • 2005/1/17 21:26

• Carpenter

• Just popping in

• Since: 2005/1/4 1

I hope so because I have the same problem...

brash
  • 2005/1/17 22:09

• brash

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2003/4/10

Problem with uncommon problems is that they are a real bugger to fix. I have never personally seen this error, but would love to help notch it out. If anyone is able to give me TS access to a server experiencing this problem I'd be more than happy to have a shot at fixing it. I have serveral ideas, but it would take me three pages to explain then all, and until I know where the problem is I don't want to go through that.

hiest
  • 2005/1/20 21:53

• hiest

• Just popping in

• Since: 2003/8/21

Quote:

brash wrote:
Problem with uncommon problems is that they are a real bugger to fix. I have never personally seen this error, but would love to help notch it out. If anyone is able to give me TS access to a server experiencing this problem I'd be more than happy to have a shot at fixing it. I have serveral ideas, but it would take me three pages to explain then all, and until I know where the problem is I don't want to go through that.

Just another fine example of a perfect XOOPS fan BRASH thanks for the personal interest in this matter I have done something I swore id never do hehe MICROXXXX anyhow here is the solution to this IIS6 thingy very simple for that matter.

All you have to do is take away the read only attribute on mainfile.php

In your root directory for XOOPS find mainfile.php and right click on it then click properties down at the bottom you will see Attributes: untick read only and VIOLA if you are an Administrator you should have the write security all ready ticked under the security tab. You dont want to give any other group write privledges for this file, for security resons

Remember once you have finished editing mainfile.php please re tick read only for this file or you can have many security flaws!

Login

Who's Online

237 user(s) are online (141 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 237

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: May 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits