jtsquared
Moving a Xampp and Xoops installation on Windows
  • 2005/1/12 19:12

• jtsquared

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/10/9

Hello Everyone,

I've installed xampp and XOOPS a few times on Windows. After seeing everything it could easily do and being very impressed, we decided to convert our school's website to it. I set up xampp and XOOPS on my XP machine and designed the site and got it working perferctly. Then, we decided to try and move it to our Windows 2000 server box which was a complete disaster.

I actually exported the MySQL databases from my machine and imported them on the server (which is quite an accomplishment considering my lack of knowledge of mysql), but I'm still getting the cannot connect to database error. I know this is too complex of an issue to really get a solution from the forums, but I was wondering, has anyone has created a site on one machine and successfully moved it to another machine? Or, does anyone know any resources that talk about how to do this with a windows configuration? Any leads would be appreciated,

Thanks,

Jim

jtsquared
Re: Moving a Xampp and Xoops installation on Windows
  • 2005/1/13 19:09

• jtsquared

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/10/9

Nevermind...I figured it out. I exported the XOOPS database and imported it on the server, but I forgot to change the database username and password in mainfile.php (I had also copied the htdocs folder). When I changed it to the default, everything worked great.

jT

Login

Who's Online

353 user(s) are online (66 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 353

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Aug 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits