SQL debug - execution time
  • 2005/1/12 14:41

• xgarb

• Not too shy to talk

• Since: 2003/3/30

Hi all,

In SQL debug I have the following...

Execution Time
XOOPS took 24.346750021 seconds to load.

Does this indicate a problem with the MySQL database or are other factors involved in the execution time figure?

My site seems to randomly slow and stop, I've played with the caching and deleted the files in templates_c. I want to make sure that it could only be the SQL server before contacting my host.

Thanks,

xGarb

jdseymour
Re: SQL debug - execution time

Not saying that it is not an SQL problem. But, most of the time it is because the server in my shared hosting environment is loaded. Not necessarily by your site, but by a or all sites on the shared server. This is usually temporary and goes away.

tripmon
  • 2005/1/12 15:08

• tripmon

• Module Developer

• Since: 2004/2/28

Looks like you need to spank the MySQL box around... that is WAY too long for any normal query.

Another baseling is checking your Smarty Template debug, nothing should really take more than around 0.03 seconds (in the top of smarty debug pop up). If Smarty is slow than you may want to look into webserver or PHP installation.

BTW, Yahoo! is having major PHP MySQL issues right now if they are your host.

GL

xgarb
  • 2005/1/14 10:53

• xgarb

• Not too shy to talk

• Since: 2003/3/30

thanks for the input. looks like it was the shared sql server being overloaded as a new sql server has just been bought online by my host.

Thanks,

xGarb

Login

Who's Online

220 user(s) are online (147 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 220

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits