theeipi
Website for teachers / Content Management
  • 2005/1/11 3:55

• theeipi

• Just popping in

• Since: 2005/1/8 3

hi, new to Xoops, but have found it easy to install/modify/refine modules.

i am trying to build a website that teachers at our school can use to post information on their classes.

for each class (currently 3), we would have a relevant news, downloads, and forums. i am also making a calendar to post tests/news.

i'm thinking that at some point soon, this idea may span to other teachers at our school, and i want to design the system as flexibly as possible to allow others to utilize it.

what i am thinking is that i in the long run, i might want to end up with a menu hierarchy that looks like this:

Math
-----Algebra I
-----Algebra II
-----Precalculus
-----Calculus
Science
English
History
Language
Athletics

When I click on "Algebra I," it would take me to a page that shows only the news, forums, and downloads in the category associated with that course.

Is this possible?

Also, is it possible to have a calendar that shows tests for say 30 classes, but the student can customize which ones she sees (ie, their schedule?).

thanks...i'm just wondering what modules/approach i should take before i invest allot of time.

-nathan

jmass
Re: Website for teachers / Content Management
  • 2005/1/11 4:31

• jmass

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2003/12/18

Hello!

My company, Out of the Box Solutions, Inc., sponsered a module for one of our educational clients - Eton Academy. It is the OBS_Classroom module. I believe that this is exactly what you are looking for.

I believe there is a download on Mith's site. (He did the coding - And a great job too!) If you can not find it, I can post it for download on our site. Just use the contact us form on our site.

theeipi
Re: Website for teachers / Content Management
  • 2005/1/13 3:35

• theeipi

• Just popping in

• Since: 2005/1/8 3

i downloaded and installed the classroom module.
is it possible to limit the hierarchy?

currently, it is just me using it, soon 1 other teacher will join.

it seems silly that a user would have to click the school name, then division, then classroom, etc.

is there a way to just automatically skip to the teacher/classroom name?

does this entail reading the code under the division section and just replacing that into the top level page where you select the school?

-nathan

Login

Who's Online

182 user(s) are online (95 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 182

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: May 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits