Christian_r
Tall Order For News Mod

I know what I am about to ask is a lot, but on the same note I know it can be done, I just don’t know how. I need to make multiple news modules, around ten of them. I need to do this so that users can post news stories on only their given section.

Example: Lets say I have “Top Stories”, “Sports”, “Weather” and “Local”. I want each one of those to have their own news modules because I want my Sports writer to only be able to submit his/her stories to the Sports section.

The other reason I want this done is so I can have those sections or topics to appear in a particular order on the front page. Have “Top Stories” appear on the top with the “Sports” in the middle with “Local” at the bottom.

I know there is the section mod, but that does not allow for the articles to be published and expire, and that is a must for what I’m doing.

I’ve looked at mods like alter8news, but that only gives me one more and like I said I need around ten.

Mithrandir
Re: Tall Order For News Mod

News 1.2.1 has per-topic permissions for approve, submit and view. It also allows you to show the x latest articles grouped by topic on the front page.

AMS has the same and the next version will also allow you to show articles by topic on the front page and you will be able to specify the order in which the topics are displayed.

Christian_r

I feel sort of dumb asking this but where can I get news 1.2.1? I got the newest XOOPS and it has 1.1 with it.

krystinevo

You can get it here.

Christian_r

Thanks but where here. I’ve looked and looked, searched and searched, and I’ve come up with nothing. I guess I’m just retarded but I cannot find it to save my life.

brash
  • 2005/1/6 22:56

• brash

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2003/4/10

Try these more direct links;

News 1.2.1

AMS

Christian_r

Thank you! That did the trick

Login

Who's Online

571 user(s) are online (166 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 571

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Sep 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits