familyman
[news module] How to make it work
  • 2005/1/1 21:27

• familyman

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/12/29

I've installed the news module. On (re-)install no errors seems to occur in the process, so all data seems to be added to the database correctly.

On the left side of my site XOOPS shows the "submit news" and "archive" buttons. Archive shows an empty archive, which is logical. When i use the submit news butten, the normal form is shown. When I use the show preview button on that form, the form blanks out and reloads, when I use the post news button, same thing. Nothing seems to be added to the database.

In de general-section I can edit the general preferences for the news module, but not the topics or the articles options. When I click on them, nothing happens.

As things stand, XOOPS is useless for me. Can anyone help me out??

Mithrandir
Re: [news module] How to make it work

Using PHP5 with register_long_arrays turned off?

familyman
  • 2005/1/1 22:12

• familyman

• Just popping in

Not anymore!

It did the trick

Is there a resource that I should have consulted to find this? All installation help I saw was mostly, install apache, mysql, php (not necessarily in that order) and you should be fine.

Mithrandir

Well... the problem is not a XOOPS one, but a PHP one - and we are not fully into everything about PHP5 and how the various webserver installations have their default settings.

I'll see if I can write a decent FAQ on this issue.

familyman
  • 2005/1/1 22:31

• familyman

• Just popping in

Ok thanks for the help, was not really an complaint. But, I did want to make sure I hadn't missed anything causing unneccasry posts. There is allready a lot of info available but I could not find this

Mithrandir

Not taken as a complaint - but you deserved an explanation

Login

Who's Online

188 user(s) are online (129 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 188

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits