polper
Multiple questions for a first time design
  • 2004/12/27 15:17

• polper

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/12/27

Hi there,

I'm a new user to XOOPS and is quite exited over starting to be able build with this CMS.

I hoped that the questions I do have prior to installing it can be answered here.

I'm building a fashion type site and need to have a few elements integrated on the front page. If this is allready an option in the basic isntallation that is all the better, however I thought I should ask first.

The most important ones are:
A section dedicated to guides, these guides hould be able to be written by the members and administrators, and should include the option to add images (the actual images should be restricted in size and naturally uploaded to the database together with the actual text in the guide) and formatted text.

A section dedicated to reviews and articles with the same options as described above is also important.

A gallery section with random images, prefereably ramdomized and displayed in a "random picture of the day" type of way. When accessing the image the main gallery should open centered in the main view.

A weblink section allowing members to add links, this area should be category dependent and when accessing the link it should be opened in a new window (obviously).

That should do the trick.

Is this possible with Xoops? If it is, any suggestions for this project would be highly apreciated. Such as what modules to use and what to think of.

Thanks....

Mithrandir
Re: Multiple questions for a first time design

There are quite a few article modules in the Content Management, News Publishing and Document Management section of the XOOPS Module Repository - however image resizing is unfortunately not a standard feature

For gallery, I can recommend MyAlbum (search for it in the module repository)

Links - MyLinks works ok for your needs, I'd say. It comes standard with XOOPS.

polper
  • 2004/12/27 17:16

• polper

• Just popping in

Mithrandir, thanks.

I just did an installation and it worked surprisingly well (except for that gamn blank page, but it was easily fixed :) )

However, are there language packs anywhere?
And a forum would be great to have also.

Mithrandir

Some modules have language packs, but far from all of them

Forum, you say? Try this one

carnuke
  • 2004/12/27 18:18

• carnuke

• Home away from home

• Since: 2003/11/5

Polper, do check out the Xoops FAQ It could have answered your questions and maybe more in the future

Welcome to XOOPS and good luck with your site!

Richard

polper
  • 2004/12/27 19:29

• polper

• Just popping in

Thanks Carnuke,

No worries, I found the info :)

Login

Who's Online

538 user(s) are online (47 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 538

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Sep 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits