vikrant
The problem continues
  • 2004/12/16 12:30

• vikrant

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/11/9

Dear Xoopizens,
I am not sure but the problem remains is that whenever Webmaster or any register users login to the site a blank page is appearing but if the login is done thru any of the modules it goes thru. Even after logging out the blank page appears.
Could some one let me know what the problem is. And ofcourse the solution for it.
regards
Vikrant

McNaz
Re: The problem continues
  • 2004/12/16 12:51

• McNaz

• Just can't stay away

• Since: 2003/4/21

I'd suggest trying to switch PHP Debug on. But if you can't login then thats a problem. Try accessing the admin section viahttp://yourdomain.com/modules/system/admin.php or login viahttp://yourdomain.com/user.php

If the above two fail then a more drastic solution is required: setting debug on from php.ini... hacking the common.php file etc...

Without knowing what the PHP error message is, its very difficult to pin down what is the cause of your problem.

Another though, check out XOOPS FAQ HERE for more solutions.

Cheers.

McNaz.

Razgo
  • 2004/12/16 21:30

• Razgo

• Just popping in

• Since: 2002/1/16

i have just got this problem myself now. i was just adjusting some blocks for AMS module and then logged out only to be looking at a blank page on my site.

i will look at my debug report also.

Razgo
  • 2004/12/16 21:33

• Razgo

• Just popping in

ok my error was :

"Fatal error: Call to a member function on a non-object in /home/website/public_html/modules/catads/blocks/catads_myads.php on line 43"

Razgo
  • 2004/12/16 21:36

• Razgo

• Just popping in

i uninstalled the "small adds" module and now everything works again.

vikrant
  • 2004/12/19 8:34

• vikrant

• Just popping in

hi guys,
I was trying most of the CMS options to make a best choice and found that WFsections and Zmagazine is conflicting each other.
Also please change the setting in your main admin preference debug mode to PHP Debug.
This has sorted my problem for the time being.
Will be trying to reinstall most of the CMS modules parallely.
Does anyone know how can i use multiple WFsections as this CMS seems to be very powerful.
regards
Vikrant

davidl2
  • 2004/12/19 11:35

• davidl2

• XOOPS is my life!

• Since: 2003/5/26

Mutiple copys of WF-Sections is something that has been considered, but will not happen for a long while.

It may be possible to do so with the current version - but you would have to ammend the code by hand - and change directory, module, variable and function names to avoid any conflicts.

Alternatively - and this is something I am doing on one of my own sites - you could hide the module itself - and use another to access it... for myself I use a "dummy" module (such as the one listed in the "Xoops for Dummy's" guide) - and simply link by manual html to the pages I require....

It's not pretty - but it means only one module will be needed :)

vikrant
  • 2004/12/19 11:57

• vikrant

• Just popping in

thanks davidl2,
After digging the forums for more answers i found that using subdomain and slight alteration in the mainfile.php i can use the main registered users for the next domain name and site.
Not sure if WF section will work using this alteration lets see.
My major problem is i have a website on machinetools which needs two sections one for Article and one for Equipment reviews. Followed by the sections there are catagories and sub catagories.
WF Sections works fantastic with catagories and subcatagories. So i am thinking of using WFsections for both Articles and Equipment Reviews. I am trying ArMS but am not comfortable with it.
OR
Is there any other way out.
regards
Vikrant

Login

Who's Online

278 user(s) are online (163 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 278

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits