krystinevo
auto login hack - question

I have a question about the auto login hack...

Users are complaining that after they hit the log out button, the site isn't remembering them and they have to input their password again to regain access to the site. (If they just close out their browser without logging out, the site remembers them).

Is there something I can change in the code or setup to make it so the site recognizes the users every time?

Thanks in advance,

Kristine

placebo
Re: auto login hack - question
  • 2004/12/14 20:44

• placebo

• Just popping in

• Since: 2003/7/28

Before i was going to reply this i was thinking : Should i login into XOOPS and reply ?

This questions was handled very often on this forums and a major problem in XOOPS in my opinion.

The Devs perhaps may tell you it is more secure this way , but even my community is complaining about this and dont login from time to time.

A community killer in my opinion.

Anyway if you are lucky and have 2.0.7.3 installed you can use the auto-login hack here :

http://www.peak.ne.jp/xoops/modules/mydownloads/singlefile.php?lid=31&com_id=49&com_rootid=30&cid=2&#comment49

If you are running the l8est Beta like me then i can tell you theres no auto login hack released yet, because i spend hours looking for it.

krystinevo

Sorry, I should've been more clear.

I'm already using the auto login hack on a 2.0.7.3 site. When people log out, the site doesn't remember them.

How can I make it so when people press the log out button, the site still remembers them?

Thanks,

Kristine

Dave_L
  • 2004/12/14 21:14

• Dave_L

• XOOPS is my life!

• Since: 2003/11/7

If they want to be remembered, they shouldn't log out. The point of logging out is to get rid of the login cookie, which you would want to do if you're using a shared computer. I.e., "log out" means "forget me".

Login

Who's Online

180 user(s) are online (118 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 180

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: May 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits