martyboy
WF-Snippets and WF-Quotes problems
  • 2004/12/8 15:31

• martyboy

• Quite a regular

• Since: 2004/5/25

Hi, I wanted to put some quotes on my site so I downloaded wf-quotes v1 from the mod repository, install went fine but when i tried to create a category I am given a blank page which cant be refreshed the exact same thing happens with WF-Snippets I am assuming one is just a clone of the other type thing.

I have seen these modules work fine on other XOOPS sites does anyone know of a way to fix this problem?

I cant seem to find wf-quotes/snippets on www.wf-projects.com so thought I would ask here.

I'm using XOOPS 2.0.7.3 not sure if register globals is on or not.

Any help would be greatfully appreciated, thanks.

Anonymous
Re: WF-Snippets and WF-Quotes problems
  • 2004/12/8 15:41

• Anonymous

• Since:

Whenever you get blank pages turn XOOPS-PHP-Debug and read the error-messages.

I would be bet, if PHP-Debug is turned on, the error messages are something like: xyz previously declared in xyz.php. So look for the function and calls for the function in one module and rename it.

LionHeart
  • 2005/5/21 19:14

• LionHeart

• Just popping in

• Since: 2005/5/14

I'm getting the same error, apparently a conflict between WF-Section, WF-FAQ, and WF-Quotes. I also have WF-Links installed, but it doesn't seem to have the issue. When I turn PHP Debug on, this is what I get when I attempt to access the admin.php file in either WF-Quotes or WF-FAQ;

Fatal error: Cannot redeclare listgroups() (previously declared in /cms/modules/wfsection/include/groupaccess.php:14) in /cms/include/groupaccess.php on line 13

Part of the installation for the FAQ and Quotes modules said to copy the /include file (which was groupaccess.php) over to the XOOPS ROOT /include, which I did. One overwrote the other, but they were the exact same size, so I thought it was just a common-use php file. I think both modules do use the same file, and they actually conflict.

So. My question, if I understand all that's happened so far, is this;

Which .php files need to be modified, and how do they get modified, in order to let the WF modules co-exist peaceably?

In advance, thanks!

-Lion

shank
  • 2006/5/26 0:19

• shank

• Not too shy to talk

• Since: 2004/8/17

Check the path to groupsaccess.php in line 10 of include/functions.php, and line 12 of admin/category.php

see comments on this page HERE
s l s h a n k l e @ b e l l s o u t h . n e t

love2know
  • 2006/9/19 11:38

• love2know

• Just popping in

• Since: 2006/7/28

hi shank.. i tried to install wf-quote.. and did the install that was suggested in the readme file that was included.. i uploaded wfquotes files to the modules.. then uploaded the groupaccess file to the XOOPS root directory under /include..

I had trouble validating the quotes, when my system replied no quotes to validate when in fact i just submitted 2 quotes...

then i tried your suggestion regarding the groupaccess.php in line 10.. and line 12 of admin/catergory.php.. etc..

but now a new error occurs..

"Fatal error: Undefined class name 'mytextsanitizer' in ../modules/wfquotes/admin/category.php on line 13

Login

Who's Online

239 user(s) are online (173 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 239

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits