Cavan
Can't find a text color in .css
  • 2004/12/6 15:05

• Cavan

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2004/11/28

I've changed the text colors in my .css (I use the phpBB Style theme) to my satisfaction but for some bizarro reason I cannot change the text/hover color for the heading in the news module ("NEWS: XXXXXXX"). Am I going blind? Where is it in the .css?

rowdie
Re: Can't find a text color in .css
  • 2004/12/6 15:21

• rowdie

• Just can't stay away

• Since: 2004/7/21

Try changing
.itemHead a:hover
and/or
.itemTitle a:hover

Rowd

Cavan
Re: Can't find a text color in .css
  • 2004/12/7 1:58

• Cavan

• Friend of XOOPS

Rowdie,

Thanks you!

Cavan
Can't find yet another a text color in .css
  • 2004/12/9 4:41

• Cavan

• Friend of XOOPS

Here we go again,

I've having the same issue with the text color in the heading for the newbb forums (main forum page)---it appears as if the color is "efefef" and I need to change it to "096135"---where does THIS one need to be changed? I've scoured the .css for it but no matter which occurence of "efefef" I change, there's no changing the heading text color...very odd. Anyone here that can help me fix this, please?

brash
Re: Can
  • 2004/12/9 5:05

• brash

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2003/4/10

Not familiar with the theme, but should be handled by the div#content tag. Brash's CSS hints for the day;

1. Have a look at this FAQ.

2. Get yourself Firefox and the editCSS plugin. I got it yesterday after reading a thread here about it, and I don't know how I got where I did without it now . What it does is allow you to edit CSS with the effects rendered on the fly in your Firefox browser window.

3. If you look at the page you want to edit in a browser, right click on it and view source. Find the text/image you are wanting to change and look for the class or id tag name that appears just before our text/image. You should be able to then find this name in your CSS file and edit it.

rowdie
Re: Can't find yet another a text color in .css
  • 2004/12/9 9:02

• rowdie

• Just can't stay away

I think the one you need to change is the background-color in td#centercolumn th , if I've worked out which part you wanted changed correctly

I was also going to suggest you get Firefox and a plugin, but in this case the Web developer plugin. It has a fantastic css part, where you can just click on the page at the spot you're interested in and it will show you the css styles that that spot uses. It's the css option 'get style information', in case you actually try it out

That other plugin that Brash suggested also sounds good.

Bassman
  • 2004/12/9 9:17

• Bassman

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2003/5/23

Top Style Pro 3 is great for CSS too, if you can afford it. I got 2.5 free on a PC mag CD :)

rowdie
  • 2004/12/9 11:12

• rowdie

• Just can't stay away

I just re-read the post and I see now that you were asking about the text colour.

Too late to edit my original post, you need to look for the 'color' style instead of 'background-color'... I guess you figured that out for yourself already, but I felt I should put the correction in here anyway

Rowd

Cavan
  • 2004/12/10 16:20

• Cavan

• Friend of XOOPS

Okay, here we go:

First, thanks for everyone's input. However, I'm still stuck on this problem. I think the issue stems from the following code in my style .css (I use the phpbbstyle theme):

td#centercolumn th {background-color:#FFFFFF; background-image: url(images/cellpic3.gif); color: #096135; padding : 7px; vertical-align : middle;}
td#centerCcolumn {width: 100%; padding: 0px;}
td#centerCcolumn .blockTitle {font-weight: bold; font-size: 14px; padding: 5px; color: #096135;line-height: 120%;}
td#centerCcolumn .blockContent {padding: 5px; margin-bottom: 5px; }

As you can see, there is no occurence of the color "#efefef" in this code anywhere, so where is it coming from? Why is this text color (for the text heading that appears over cellpic3.gif) even showing up? I did notice that this is only occuring on the forum index page---the "viewforum" and "viewtopic" pages are unaffected and look the way I want them to.

I'm stumped...even Edit CSS was of no help, but it's a great plugin to have in the browser, even if my site's main page looks like garbage in the Firefox browser (everything stretches across the screen, unless you login, then it's okay).

Anyone see anything wrong with or missing from the above .css? My XOOPS CMS site was an install through my webhost's Cpanel and I haven't had many problems with it, other than several 'cosmetic' issues.

I'd appreciate some further input/insight. Thank you, again, to everyone helping out.

Cavan
STILL can't find a way to fix text color in .css
  • 2004/12/17 11:02

• Cavan

• Friend of XOOPS

Over a week later and I still can't get this fixed...is there ANYONE OUT THERE who can help me fix this .css text color problem?

Login

Who's Online

165 user(s) are online (105 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 165

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits