coopersita
AOL email

Has anyone had problems sending activation keys and other automated email with aol?

When an aol user register in my site, the email gets blocked by spam filters and is returned back to me.

What could make aol suspicious of our emails?

coopersita
Re: AOL email

Hasn't happened to anybody else?

DonXoop

It depends on what is causing the block. The headers or bounce message should give more details about why. Is it the subject, content, or sending server IP?

carnuke
  • 2004/12/1 18:26

• carnuke

• Home away from home

• Since: 2003/11/5

AOL 9 and later is a nightmare. I returned to AOL8.0 for several reasons, including the software's ever increasing desire to take over every aspect of my computer.

Spam filtering is one so called feature that AOL 9 has really reved-up It tends to look at anything with long subject lines as one string as suspicious and despatch it to the spam folder.

Advice ... (sigh) AOL users need to be aware of manually changing their spam settings, or disable it altogether. Unfortunately its default setting filters too much.

coopersita

I put up a notice in the registration form, and I haven't received any more returned emails since, and a couple of aol users have registred successfully, so I guess that works.

I'll never know, though, how many users were turned away by the notice.

Login

Who's Online

248 user(s) are online (159 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 248

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits