dejadingo
HowTo - Restrict admin functions of modules by group
  • 2004/11/28 18:10

• dejadingo

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/10/22

Can anyone help me figure out how to restrict access to the admin functions for a module based on the user_group in a user friendly way? I don't want my site maintenance group to have access to things like Preferences, etc.

When logged in as a Site Maintenance User the System Admin functions all display in the drop-down list, but no matter what you select - the system admin menu comes up with only the allowed functions available. This is fine. I don't particularly care if they see the others, just can't select them.

It seems that most (but not all) undesirable functions on the drop-down list for my installed modules go to the System Admin menu when selected. A few go off to the "you are not authorized" error screen and then pop back to the "edit your user details" screen. Not very friendly. I would like to get the same kind of menu as for System Admin, but for the module.

And that basic menu for the module does not seem to exist for the modules I am using. Where is it / should it be implemented?

Thanks for any help.

Login

Who's Online

172 user(s) are online (114 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 172

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits