paleghost
wee, a bunch of newbie questions!
  • 2004/11/25 7:23

• paleghost

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/11/25

well. I can't find out how to get links, news, post, ect viewable to non registered people. how do I fix this?

to edit colors, do you have to edit the css file? if so.. which one and where is it located?

to upload a theme.. do you just copy over the files you have hosted? Or do you compress it and upload it in some way?

all off the top of my head. Thanks!

jdseymour
Re: wee, a bunch of newbie questions!

To get any blocks that you want to be viewed by anonymous users, the settings is in admin groups. click on edit anonymous user and check the blocks that you want the users to view.

The colors, some are CSS in origin, and some are in the theme.html. Check both to find the setting that you wish to change.

To upload a theme, just unzip the theme on your computer then ftp the unzipped folder to the theme directory. Be careful though, when you unzip usually there is extra folders, just go down to the last full containing folder, and that is what you want to upload. Same with modules, but of course you would upload them to the modules directory.

Make sure that you check the documentation section on this site. Lots of good information for starting out with Xoops.

BTW welcome to Xoops.

paleghost
Re: wee, a bunch of newbie questions!
  • 2004/11/26 12:53

• paleghost

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/11/25

ah thanks! I was looking for the faq. I fiddled with the css and .html.. got the colors and banner I wanted. Thanks again.

Login

Who's Online

496 user(s) are online (62 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 496

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Sep 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits