krystinevo
PiCal & Category Permissions

Hi everyone,

I searched 20 minutes for this, but couldn't find an answer...

In PiCal (v 0.6) is there a way I can give a group access to a specific category without giving them the ability to post an event to it? I understand I can adjust the setting in the global permissions, however, I want them to be able to post events in every other category but one.

For example, I want to give a group the ability to view and post events to some categories (birthdays, meetings, out of office, etc) but only be able to view events in one category (the training calendar).

From the looks of things in the global permissions and category permissions, you can't tease out permissions by category... if a group is allowed access to a category, and has global permission to post, then they are allowed to post events to all categories they have access to.

Do I have this right, or is there a way to work around this?

Thanks in advance,

Kristine

jegelstaff
Re: PiCal & Category Permissions

Hi there,

Calendar modules...there's a few to choose from but in our investigations, we didn't find any that had the kind of fine-grained group permission structure that you're looking for here. So unfortunately, I think you're stuck with the global permission level. This is a recurring problem we run into when trying to find modules that are suited for use in a business context.

We would really like to port WebCalendar to XOOPS, and include a detailed group permission structure. I think that would kick butt. WebCalendar is a standalone calendar app, that you can read about here:

http://www.k5n.us/webcalendar.php

--Julian

krystinevo
Re: PiCal & Category Permissions

Wow... this looks great Julian! (I esp. like the email notifications of coming events as well as exporting events to Palm).

This would be an awesome calendar for xoops...you'll have to keep us in the loop on this one.

Thanks,

Kristine

Login

Who's Online

228 user(s) are online (121 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 228

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: May 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits