brash
Sub Categories in Image Manager?
  • 2004/11/20 22:56

• brash

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2003/4/10

Hi All,

Just womdering if anyone had come up with a hack so that you can have sub categories in the Image Manager? I plan to have a lot of articles, and a lot of them are going to have images, so unless I find a way of organising them better then it is going to be very messy.

tsoeiro
Re: Sub Categories in Image Manager?
  • 2004/12/3 12:52

• tsoeiro

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/12/3

Hi People,

I am new to XOOPS and also new to PHP.

I am desperately searching for some hack that would make the image manager use sub-categories because I am planning on a large "News Site" and it would be very useful.

Anyone can help?

DonXoop

I agree that the core image manager has severe limitations if you need to make heavy use of it. Sub categories would be nice as well as having the ability to specify sizing when an image is called. The interface itself can be cumbersome too.

If you are willing to forgo using the integrated interface when creating/editing articles then the solution I'm starting to use might help. I install an alternative gallery module (something other than what you use for the users) and make that module hidden. Now I have the full capabilities of that module which includes sub albums (categories). I populate the album with all the images and varying sized images I might need. Then I use a normal URL call to pull the images into the documents.

You might then also use a redirect scheme to make the URLs easier to use if the URL is sloppy looking.

Just an idea that help.

edit-> Although I haven't done this hack I'll be doing it soon if it is easy: I will hack the gallery module so that when I view the images for choosing my required image that the height and width of the current image is presented by default so I easily have that info available. Always nice to include that in the URL and always a pain if I didn't include it in the description for reference.

artigas
  • 2005/1/12 15:55

• artigas

• Quite a regular

• Since: 2004/12/21

Greetings -

I would also like to see this module change.

Thanks In Advance.

tzvook
  • 2005/8/2 21:55

• tzvook

• Just can't stay away

• Since: 2003/2/1 2

Something new with that ?

Has anyone made a sub-category hack or at least a decent thubs (GD) hack for images in the category images list ?

tzvook
  • 2005/8/3 7:08

• tzvook

• Just can't stay away

• Since: 2003/2/1 2

I was looking on the "htmlarea" image manager (which is simply great !!!! and can manage photos fron a chosen directory + make/delete sub directories and show thums ...)
It's based on JavaScript and php.

maybe it can be hacked for use in the xoopsdhtmlform ....

I realy think it's time to do something with this abandom XOOPS imagemanager .... it needs 2 things badly:
1. sub categories
2. thumbs ability ( GD / imageMagic ... )
3. suggestions ? .....

I thought I'll find a hack to be based on, in the forums, but all I found is ppls begging for one ...

Someone ...... ??????????

skenow
  • 2005/10/2 2:42

• skenow

• Home away from home

• Since: 2004/11/17

I agree with DonXoops approach - rather than develop an image manager independent of a gallery module, I think being able to point the image manager at the gallery module for its images make a lot of sense. There are photos in my gallery I would like to use in my articles, etc., that, under the current implementation, need to be added to the image manager, or add the URLs directly, which makes editors lacking in image insertion.

Login

Who's Online

142 user(s) are online (99 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 142

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: May 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits