eyal8r
3 Questions- Can Xoops do this?
  • 2004/11/9 6:41

• eyal8r

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/11/9

Hey guys-
Obviously new to Xoops- getting it insalled on a virtual server account here tomorrow. I am looking for XOOPS to do 2 things for me, and not sure if it can handle it or not.
They are very basic, so Im hoping it won't be a problem.

My site is very 1-way. Users will register ONLY to gain access to specific user pages, and that's it. No forums or interaction of any kind is available on this site. Soo...

1) Can I setup a XOOPS site just so that there's a user registration/password setup including password recovery and member's pages? I don't want any signs of other modules, since I won't be offering anything. I just want them to register, login, and go to 3 different member's pages. Can I streamline XOOPS to do this?

2) Now, once logged in, I need a user 'gallery' of property listings. Basically, users login, and see which properties I have to sell, and which ones I have sold. There will be a page of 'for sale' properties, each with a thumbnail image of the house and detailed information next to it. Maybe they can click on the picture to see a bigger image. But that's it- very simple. Now, on the ADMIN side of the house- I need to be able to upload via browser the image of the property, and fill in a 'form' or something similar with the corresponding information for that property. I hit submit and it automatically adds it to the 'For Sale' pages. Now, once I sell a property, I need to be able to mark it as 'Sold' somehow, and it will automatically be moved over to a different section of the member's area- the 'Sold Properties' page. Obviously I will need the ability to edit each of these 'listings'. Can XOOPS do this?

3) Is there any kind of email list I can form with my users? Maybe an extensive email marketing module that will track the results of the newsletter campaign. Basically- each time I add a new property to the listings page, I will want to send out an email to all my subscribers to alert them to the new listing. Is there anything in XOOPS that can handle this?

Thank you guys, I am excited at this new world XOOPS opens up! I look forward to joining you more in the forums.
Thanks!
D

Login

Who's Online

470 user(s) are online (48 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 470

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Sep 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits