DMCC1
Putting freeform content on Start/Index page
  • 2004/11/8 7:22

• DMCC1

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/11/8

I'm new to this and have a terrible case of frustration.

I'm trying to put content on the index page for anyone who would hit my website(non-member). I have not been able to solve this problem. I noted no errors during installation. There is plenty of documentation on adding default content - but nothing of what I would like to do(that I can find). I have seen some sites like http://www.mindhealth.ca/ that have a very attractive format and this is something I'd like to do.

I would be very grateful for any assistance or some kind of direction, documentation, suggestion of module/modules, etc...

Thanks!

tjnemez
Re: Putting freeform content on Start/Index page
  • 2004/11/8 9:47

• tjnemez

• Home away from home

• Since: 2003/9/21

hey DMCC1,

the theme i am using on MH is one i designed and i am currently working on upgrading this theme for release. you can see progress here: http://www.studiodezines.ca

and,
on mind health, considering my visitors, i like to keep it clean - easy to get focus and navigate. all the content on start page is custom center blocks, except for forum block.

DMCC1
Re:Putting freeform content on Start/Index page
  • 2004/11/8 17:13

• DMCC1

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/11/8

Problem SOLVED! When a page is displayed by anyone hitting the website, they are "Anonymous Users". You have to assign the "Anonymous Users" rights to see the content area of the "Top Page". If you don't assign - they don't see!!! Not clearly understood (couldn't find information) then, eventually figured out, now. This seems to be a problem of some sorts for beginners, from what I read. Thanks for your help, tjnemez

SorenBeck
Re:Putting freeform content on Start/Index page
  • 2004/11/13 20:04

• SorenBeck

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/11/7

I had the exact same problem.

Go to System Admin -> Groups and check the checkboxes you want anonymous users to be able to access.

Login

Who's Online

401 user(s) are online (55 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 401

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Sep 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits