theWHO
Blank Site while Installation
  • 2004/11/7 10:06

• theWHO

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/11/7

Hi,
please ignore my bad English !

I just tried to install xoops-2.0.7.3! The installation is fine until the step "confirm database settings"! This page is fine, too, but the page after is not displayed anymore! This page is just white.
I have a MySql-Server and a Database on it. The table should be created by the installation, shouldn't it?

I tried to find the error and I think the Script stops (dies) in line:
install/index.php, line 348, "if (! $dbm->isConnectable()) {"

Please, can you help me? Thank you...

johnp
Re: Blank Site while Installation
  • 2005/3/29 17:03

• johnp

• Just popping in

• Since: 2005/3/29

Quote:

I tried to find the error and I think the Script stops (dies) in line:
install/index.php, line 348, "if (! $dbm->isConnectable()) {"

I get exactly the same problem with a fresh installation of 2.0.9.3. The database seems fine and previous installations haven't caused the same problem.

Interestingly enough, the 'blank page' FAQ debug sequence isn't any good here as no error message is ever generated. I had to pin down the offending line with 'printf' type inserts.

johnp
  • 2005/3/29 17:59

• johnp

• Just popping in

Had to be something pretty fundamental so I reloaded the PHP extensions from the RPMs and restarted the WWW server. All is now well. Perhaps the MySQL extension wasn't loaded properly.

glree
  • 2005/3/31 2:12

• glree

• Just popping in

I have found that if you use MySQL 4.1X or about you get this blank page error if your MySQL password in less that 16 characters. MySQL 4.1 and above uses a stronger password requirement. You can modify this however to use the old password style. see: http://dev.mysql.com/doc/mysql/en/old-client.html

Basically, run this:

UPDATE mysql.user SET Password = OLD_PASSWORD('newpwd')WHERE Host = 'some_host' AND User = 'some_user'; FLUSH PRIVILEGES;

example:

UPDATE mysql.user SET Password = OLD_PASSWORD('abc123')WHERE Host = 'locahost' AND User = 'joe_bloggs'; FLUSH PRIVILEGES;

This worked for me!!

glenn, OZ.

Login

Who's Online

474 user(s) are online (83 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 474

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Oct 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits