JMorris
Fallout Theme
  • 2004/11/5 20:34

• JMorris

• XOOPS is my life!

• Since: 2004/4/11

I put together a little theme based on Fallout for a friend of mine. The theme is highly customized and only utilizes center blocks. There is very little CSS, and the theme is only suitable for limited applications.

The cool part about the theme is a) it uses CSS to mimic a frame and b) well...just look at it!

Resized Image

The reason I'm posting it here is, it was a good excercise in graphic editing and CSS trickery for me, but now I'm done with it. It can easily be modified for use as a traditional website, and I'm sure somebody could tweak it for full XOOPS support if they so desired.

Here's a little tip on converting it for use as a standalone site:

Quote:
To convert this theme from a XOOPS theme to a standalone site, open theme.html and replace the following code with your own.

<{if $xoops_showcblock == 1}>

<{foreach 
item=block from=$xoops_ccblocks}>
<{include 
file="fallout/theme_blockcenter_c.html"}>
<{/foreach}>

<{/if}>

<
div id="content">
<{
$xoops_contents}>

You can replace the XOOPS code in a few different ways. You can use your own include statements, you can use static content, and you can use an iframe.

If you use your own include statements or static text, be sure to keep the div tags intact, with the class id. CSS is used to create the frame effeect (there's actually no frame ).

If you use an iframe, be sure to set your height to no more than 385 and your width to no more than 375.

Anyways, if anyone wants to tinker with it, here's the link...

Fallout Theme

Notes:
I've included an editable .png for those who work with Fireworks.

I have no intention on submitting this theme to the theme library, an I will not offer any support for it. It was a learning tool for me, let it be one for you.

Enjoy!

Bassman
Re:Fallout Theme
  • 2004/11/5 22:25

• Bassman

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2003/5/23

Awesome work!

JMorris
Re:Fallout Theme
  • 2004/11/5 23:09

• JMorris

• XOOPS is my life!

• Since: 2004/4/11

Thanks Bassman!

Login

Who's Online

346 user(s) are online (68 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 346

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Oct 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits