dave7968
Newbie Questions about modifying XOOPS
  • 2004/11/4 22:31

• dave7968

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/7/12

Hi, I am considering installing XOOPS and I have a few questions I was hoping someone could answer.

1. Once the core is installed how do you modify it? How do you add your graphics, change text and so forth?

2. Is a text editing program like Dreamweaver needed to modify the core, and any modules added? If so, which program is recommended?

3. If my host has apache, MySQL and myphpadmin available through their own interface is that sufficient to modify XooPs core and modules? Or, do I need to have these programs installed on my local laptop?

Thanks for any help

DS

Mithrandir
Re:Newbie Questions about modifying XOOPS

1. Do you mean the content? That's done through modules. If you mean the general look of the site with logos etc. then it is done via themes - check out the theme library here if you want a fresh look

2. I use a PHP Integrated Development Environment (IDE for short) as most of the code, I'm messing with is PHP. Notepad works, too.

3. Just the host. You will, however, have to upload the modified files to your webserver in order to SEE the changes, you make, if you do not have a local test server.

Login

Who's Online

507 user(s) are online (49 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 507

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Sep 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits