DonXoop
Default rights for new blocks/modules

When a new block is created or a new module is created the rights are set to match that of the user (webmaster) creating it. This creates grief for me when I then have to find and remove rights from a number of groups.

Example is that I want to create a block for only anonymous or for a specific group. My own account is in a number of groups and I'm chasing them down each time. By my thinking, rights should only be granted instead of removed. A new group should typically have no rights granted except for what is unique to that group. You don't need to grant all their rights since they get the basics from registered or other groups they are in.

Or what is the better procedure, using a dedicated webamster account that has no other memberships? That might be cleaner (and more secure). It is that I'm frequently asked to make some little change while online and I can do it right away. I should however use a dedicated account for admin. But I'd still like to see default rights done differently..

Login

Who's Online

234 user(s) are online (134 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 234

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: May 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits