vinit
Porting exciting Flash Chat module for Xoops
  • 2004/10/30 21:54

• vinit

• Just can't stay away

• Since: 2004/1/10

Hi,

I found a very simple php + flash based chat system, the code looks ok. can some mod developers port this for xoops.

visit this link to download the entire source of flash chat application.http://projects.cyberlot.net/trac/cyberss/wiki

orhttp://freshmeat.net/projects/cyberss/

I think this would be very simple for any XOOPS mod developer to convert into module as this is also in php and also has .fla for need based modification

Things needed to be modified are. Currently it asks for login id and password, which should be removed by taking in the logged in username.

Can some on take this task. I can help a bit with flash designing and some what with coding too.

jegelstaff
Re: Porting exciting Flash Chat module for Xoops
  • 2004/10/30 23:40

• jegelstaff

• Module Developer

• Since: 2004/7/2 2

For $5, you can get a copy of FlashChat, an existing and very nice Flash based chat application that is already ready for installation in XOOPS (and a ton of other CMS/Portal systems).

Here's the link:

http://tufat.com/script.php?id_num=2

No, I'm not affiliated with the programmer. I'm just a happy customer. Considering how nicely it integrates with XOOPS, and how cheap it is, and how pretty full featured it is, it's hard to see why one would work on another module.

Good luck,

--Julian

brash
Re:Porting exciting Flash Chat module for Xoops
  • 2004/10/30 23:55

• brash

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2003/4/10

FlashChat doesn't look to bad. You can also try XoopsChat as well, although I don't think it is flash based.

vinit
  • 2004/10/31 2:53

• vinit

• Just can't stay away

ya i know about flashchat (tufat.com), but the link that i have posted is contains a very simple and easy to use flashchat which can easily be ported to xoops. Thus providing everyone an opportunity to have flash based chat module.

cyberlot
  • 2004/11/2 2:07

• cyberlot

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/11/2

Hey im the developer of cyberss, I found this in a search I was doing, I would be glad to provide any assistance on my site to get this working here, Give me a simple way to verify a login/password and I can add it as a "auth" option into the script I am sure

vinit
  • 2004/11/2 5:22

• vinit

• Just can't stay away

hi cyberlot,

Welcome to Xoops.org, Thanks for your intiative and taking interest in developing a module for xoops.org

Please visit dev.xoops.org for more developers related contents and information. I think you can even contact the webmasters like ackbarr, Mithandir etc, they are also very co-operative and they will surely give all the needed help.

cyberlot
  • 2004/11/2 16:40

• cyberlot

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/11/2

I did take a quick look, plenty of information on how to "use" XOOPS within xoops/making modules, however this would require connecting to XOOPS outside of a webserver for the chat server to verify login/password and permissions

Login

Who's Online

220 user(s) are online (139 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 220

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: May 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits