percheron
Mulitple news notifications
  • 2004/10/7 10:14

• percheron

• Just popping in

• Since: 2002/9/8 0

I have a recent XOOPS install (2.0.7.3) that appears to be sending users multiple notifications of news items when an item is posted using the extended text feature. The news module shows as version 1.1. If a new item is created using the extended text, which flows the news to the second page, the users receive two "new news item" notifications in their email for the single item. Also, if an existing news item is edited to change the text from one page to two pages (i.e. moving some of the text down into the "extended text" box), users are receiving two notifications of a "new news item" even though no changes to the text have been made. My users are complaining about the email flood.

Is there a way to stop this without turning off news notifications? Is there something in the configuration of the news module or user notifications that I missed? I have set the news preferences "Enable specific events" for which the users can subscribe to only show the "Global: New Story" option. I have searched these forums for the problem and did not see a similar post so I assume it's a configuration issue and not a bug.

A related question: should users be receiving notifications of a "new story" if the text is edited, say to correct a typo? It appears that this may also be happening.

Thanks for your help.
jim

Login

Who's Online

75 user(s) are online (42 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 75

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: May 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits