sunadmn
Content migration
  • 2004/10/5 17:12

• sunadmn

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/9/22

Ok all I have done some searching here and I have had a few answers on this matter but none really explain in detail what I want to do so here it goes maybe you all can help me out. Ok so I have an exsisting internal NOC webpage now this page has some simple HTML docs under it and then I have some custom CGI's written for site diagram searches/display also I have specfic doc/HTML that pertain to certain groups of users. I have learned how to add users and groups to the system fine, but I guess what I am looking for is a way to import the exsisting content into the site and then manage that content on a users/group level. Before you say take a look at any of the sections modules I have and they really dont seem to do what I want or I am using them incorrectly ( lack of documentation on these mods makes things tuff ), so I come to you all for advice on this matter as right now I am very lost. What would be nice is the ability to BRANCH the site out, meaning have a tree and then branch from the root to branches of the site for different groups. So a user goes to the login page and authenticates to the system and for that auth they are then directed to their branch, but also among the branches have the ability to share docs/HTML pages under another branch with certain rights to those docs ( like read only or read/write ). Is this a possibility under XOOPS in the current platform?? Any hel anyone can offer would be great as I am finding the real lack of any solid documentation on the system making management a nightmare, well at least for me it is.

Thanks all
-SUNADMN

Login

Who's Online

224 user(s) are online (143 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 224

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: May 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits