bluwu
block locations
  • 2004/10/1 12:41

• bluwu

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/6/29

Is it possible to create block positions in addition to the "left, right, center, center-right, center-left" positions? And can multiple themese be applied by page or only throughout the site?

nub-boo-bee

bluwu

sbkiller
Re: block locations
  • 2004/10/1 13:50

• sbkiller

• Just can't stay away

• Since: 2004/6/9 2

You mean additional block? positions?

Mithrandir

It is not easy to add new block positions - the theme-per-section is possible, but likely to be a hard-coded solution (you can override the theme in your module files)

bluwu
  • 2004/10/1 15:42

• bluwu

• Just popping in

well... there are l, r, cl, cc, cr blocks in the templates and a static header or footer.

When a mod is added it may have blocks and they can only go in those locations in some sort order.

I was wondering if instead something can be created like... NAV BLOCK where i can place below the banner in a template. Or any generic block which i can place almost anywhere.

Is this possible?

Mithrandir

sure, it's possible - but as I said it's not easy. See how it is done in the current block administration.

If you cannot work out how it is done, I would not recommend that you go into it - however, if you can, then you should be able to add the generic block area(s) yourself.

Take it as a learning exercise

Dave_L
  • 2004/10/1 15:49

• Dave_L

• XOOPS is my life!

• Since: 2003/11/7

The overall page layout is defined by themes/*/theme.html. You can modify that file (or files) if you want. But the XOOPS control panel only supports manipulating the pre-defined types of blocks.

bluwu
Re:block locations
  • 2004/10/3 22:24

• bluwu

• Just popping in

grooviness... thanx guys... i think i'll wait if it makes it into future versions

Login

Who's Online

149 user(s) are online (122 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 149

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: May 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits