dplittle
Creating and Displaying A News Flash
  • 2004/9/21 19:42

• dplittle

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/9/15

I like to see a new attribute on a News Item that would let me mark an item as a News Flash. If we also had a block like "Top News" that would only display if there was a Flash, I could add that to the top of my Top Page and give my users an indication of something HOT.

We're using XOOPS for an employee portal and I'd like to be able to send a News Item like ... "Open Season Closes Tomorrow" or "Get Your Hours In Immediately".

I should be able to limit who can mark a News item as a Flash by group too so that only management can send these.

David

Mithrandir
Re: Creating and Displaying A News Flash

Perhaps Spotlight can do something there?

dplittle
  • 2004/9/21 20:05

• dplittle

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/9/15

Hmmmm ... wasn't familiar with that module. I'll go take a look.

Where is it? I can't find it in the Downloads area. Are you talking about the one on the WF-Project site?

Thanks

David

ps: that brings up another question ... couldn't we have a simple list of all the modules and what their main features are? I know I can browse the downloads area but it's gotten kind of long with multiple versions. Maybe one page broken by category (news, file management, etc)?

dappe
  • 2004/10/4 8:11

• dappe

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/3/17

Quote:
ps: that brings up another question ... couldn't we have a simple list of all the modules and what their main features are? I know I can browse the downloads area but it's gotten kind of long with multiple versions. Maybe one page broken by category (news, file management, etc)?

sounds good ...

Login

Who's Online

160 user(s) are online (90 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 160

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits