vkrew
theme.html modification only works locally, not on server?
  • 2004/9/16 17:59

• vkrew

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/9/16

Greetings...

I've done a quick look through, but couldn't find any other posts pertaining to this. My appologies if this is redundant.

I'm attempting to modify the 7dana-clean theme's non-block/non-dynamic grey navbar at the top of the page. "HOME NEWS LINKS FORUM DOWNLOAD CONTACT" and remove the "Search" form field located below the logo. It seemed apparent to me that easy modification of the html within theme.html should yeild the desired results.

I modified theme.html, viewed it locally (without apache/php support). Straight browser rendering so obviously content and layout were not perfect. BUT the items removed/modified, namely the grey navbar and search field were gone. I uploaded it to my themes/7dana-clean/ dir and attempted to to load the server based page. No change whatsoever.

Please note I have checked permissions, and have even tried setting theme.html to mod 777 to no avail and tried to restart apache. I've tested on both IE6 and Firefox PR1.0.

Is there something I'm missing here? Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks...

tjnemez
Re: theme.html modification only works locally, not on server?
  • 2004/9/16 18:02

• tjnemez

• Home away from home

• Since: 2003/9/21

Note: Remember to effect all changes you must go to Sytem Admin -> Preferences -> General Setting [edit] -> and set "update module template.html..." to yes and then select go at bottom of screen. This will update your site to effect all changes (remember to go back once settings have taken effect and set same to no and update once again).

sometimes you have to delete files in dir templates_c

vkrew
Re: theme.html modification only works locally, not on server?
  • 2004/9/16 18:34

• vkrew

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/9/16

That was the fix. Thank you and sorry for such a rookie question, b/c i'm sure that has been answered before.

Thanks again!

Login

Who's Online

275 user(s) are online (167 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 275

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: May 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits