NeoNecro
displaying news items on top page
  • 2004/9/11 21:02

• NeoNecro

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/9/11

Hello,
I'm tottaly new in using xoops, I have chosen XOOPS for a new portal I'm making because it doesn't look complicated to users. (I have an other portal using Geeklog and some people just can't figure it out).

The installation went very well and installing modules and stuff is very easy, here Geeklog could learn something. But I have one big problem: if I post news, it doesn't appear on the front page. I looke into every configuration setting, but nothing worked.

I think it has something to do with this option, but I'm not sure.
Select the number of news items to display on top page

Please help me.

Greetings

martyboy
Re: displaying news items on top page
  • 2004/9/11 21:37

• martyboy

• Quite a regular

• Since: 2004/5/25

Hi, do you have news module as your start module or something else? Also be sure to check 'publish in home' or it wont show on the news page, If you have have no module selected as your start page then you will probably have to enable a block such as recent news to display links to your news articles on the top page.

Also check group permission settings good place to look if you cant see something on the page which should be there.

Hope this helps

NeoNecro
  • 2004/9/11 21:48

• NeoNecro

• Just popping in

Yes, thank you. This helped! I set the news module as start page and now I can see it!
But there is a box at the top of the page, were you can chose who many storys are shown and wich topics. Who can I remove that? I see it's not shown here.

thx
/edit never mind, I found it! I should look beter in the future.

JasonMR
  • 2004/9/11 21:48

• JasonMR

• Just can't stay away

• Since: 2004/6/21

Under sys admin, go to Site Preferences. There choose [i[General Settings[/i]. Your fifth option Module for your start page, is where it should have the name you have given your NEWS section (you can change the name in the Block Settings, also under sys admin.

Though this is not enought! You need to check, that your anonomys users (I am assuming you want anyone accessing your site to view your news; also here you have a choice to renaming them to what ever using the edit function) have access rights. This is done in the Group part of sys admin.

Last but not least, you need to have news to display (sorry, just had to type it ).

Hope this helps.

NeoNecro
  • 2004/9/11 21:59

• NeoNecro

• Just popping in

I figured it now, it's easy if you know it, but I'm not used with that aproach, in Geeklog the news function is intigrated.

So if I understand it right you can chose wich blocks are shown for every module. That's quite handy.

Thanks for all the replys.

Login

Who's Online

188 user(s) are online (115 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 188

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits