uros678
administration menu gone
  • 2004/9/9 5:27

• uros678

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/9/9 5

Hey people...

I hava a problem... when I go to my administration page, the menu on the left side is gone...nothing displays... the last thing I remember doing is turning on debugging and now I get this when I go to admin page..

Notice [PHP]: A session had already been started - ignoring session_start() in file include/common.php line 179
Notice [PHP]: Undefined variable: xoops_admin_menu_js in file include/cp_functions.php line 72
Notice [PHP]: Undefined variable: xoops_admin_menu_dv in file include/cp_functions.php line 160

I don't know a lot about php (just the basics)..anyone out there has any ideas...

best regards,

Uros

cucoket
Re: administration menu gone
  • 2004/9/9 6:10

• cucoket

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/7/7 5

I have had the same problem with you. If you go to the cache/ folder, you will see the file adminmenu.php contains nothing (the size is 0).
You can temporarily resolve it by overwrite the adminmenu.php with the one which generated by a cloned site of your site. Then chmod the cache/ to 705 in order to prevent apache overwrite it. Otherwise, whenever you make change in the admin, apache will write back the 0 size file and your admin menu will gone away.
This approach is not recommended because you should update manually the files in cache/ and templates_c (of course this folder will suffer from same prob).
As my point of view, the problem come from the setting of the server which prevent apache to write to files. For this situation, you cannot do the upload .
You can refer to my problem here!
I am looking for a good idea about this.

uros678
Re: administration menu gone
  • 2004/9/9 9:25

• uros678

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/9/9 5

hey...thanks for the answer...yes it looks like this is the problem...but anyhow...we are switching to another CMS so a solution for me is not really needed...thanks anyway...

best regards,

uros

Login

Who's Online

150 user(s) are online (104 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 150

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: May 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits