cucoket
files in cache/ and templates_c/ can be created but cannot be written!!!
  • 2004/9/9 3:36

• cucoket

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/7/7 5

Hello,

I have recognized a big problem recently. Our XOOPS cannot write to the files which it created in cache/ and templates_c.
It can creat the files, but it cannot write to the files, so the files size are always 0:

-rw-r--r--    1 apache   apache          0 Aug 27 11:57 db%3Anewbb_block_new.html
-rw-r--r--    1 apache   apache          0 Jul 21 11:50 db%3Anews_block_new.html
-rw-r--r--    1 apache   apache          0 Jul 28 11:46 db%3Asystem_block_mainmenu.html
-rw-r--r--    1 apache   apache          0 Jul 21 11:50 db%3Asystem_block_newusers.html
-rw-r--r--    1 apache   apache          0 Jul 21 11:50 db%3Asystem_block_online.html
-rw-r--r--    1 apache   apache          0 Jul 21 11:50 db%3Asystem_dummy.html
-rw-r--r--    1 apache   apache          0 Aug 27 11:21 db%3Awfs_block_new.html
-rw-r--r--    1 apache   apache          0 Aug  9 11:15 db%3Axcgal_block_meta.html
-rw-r--r--    1 apache   apache          0 Aug  9 11:15 db%3Axcgal_block_static.html
-rw-r--r--    1 apache   apache          0 Jul 21 11:50 db%3Axoopspoll_block_poll.html
-rw-r--r--    1 apache   apache          0 Sep  8 13:22 Zaja_Shadow^theme.html

Problem starts since I recognized that the admin menu in the admin.php was disappear. I made the debug and received the following:
Quote:

Notice [PHP]: Undefined variable: xoops_admin_menu_js in file /backup/jediboo/public_html/x/include/cp_functions.php line 72

Notice [PHP]: Undefined variable: xoops_admin_menu_dv in file /backup/jediboo/public_html/x/include/cp_functions.php line 160

I have tried to search here but could not find any possible answer. After some analysis, I saw that the file adminmenu.php in the cache/ has 0 in size. I deleted the files in templates_c and after that, everything is blank because the new files which created in the templates_c did not contain anything.
The same problem occur when I do a fresh installation. I am using XOOPS 2.0.7.
I have contacted with the Hoster and received that there has been no major changes recently.
The Php version is 4.3.8, you can take a look here:http://stweb.ait.ac.th/aitvna/test.php

Does anyone has any idea about this problem? Of cource the folder permission of cahe/ and templates_c are 777 ( I have shell access).

Now I have to clone the site to my computer, try to browse around the site in order to generate the template files. Then copy the files to the server and do not allow apache to override them. This solution make my site up again, but I think that is not a good solution because anytime we make some change or install some module, we have to do the same thing.

I hope you can specify the main problem in the server config. Thank you!!!

My site:http://stweb.ait.ac.th/aitvna It is in Vietnamese.

Login

Who's Online

183 user(s) are online (114 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 183

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: May 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits