LeeStewart
What can I do in the "site closed" template?
  • 2004/9/6 17:17

• LeeStewart

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/8/29

It seems the system_siteclosed.html file has some limits and I'm trying to figure out what they are.

For example, it looks like the meta tags aren't being expanded for this page. Also I can't populate the login name using $block.unamevalue. The $xoops_url variable is filled in, but things like $xoops_themecss aren't?

I want to make this page match the rest of my site and don't want to duplicate a ton of html and CSS. Is there a pointer to what's avaiable?

Also, is there an easier way to modify system_siteclosed.html than using the admin screens to edit/upload the file? Is there a local version that I can edit and FTP to my web server?

tia,
lee

sbkiller
Re: What can I do in the "site closed" template?
  • 2004/9/6 17:25

• sbkiller

• Just can't stay away

• Since: 2004/6/9 2

That page you can fully customize it if you want to.

There's two ways, edit in admin area or download it, edit, make a tar file and upload it.

I will test the closed site layout can be use as a introduction page.

tjnemez
  • 2004/9/6 22:53

• tjnemez

• Home away from home

• Since: 2003/9/21

for myself it is a very simple process to edit the templates. you can copy and paste the code from the template into your editor. once edited, copy and paste the code overwriting the template in question. then simply update. i am assiming you have cloned your templates.

LeeStewart
  • 2004/9/6 23:12

• LeeStewart

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/8/29

Quote:
tjnemez wrote:
for myself it is a very simple process to edit the templates. you can copy and paste the code from the template into your editor.
That's not really a "simple process" if you're working on a couple different templates and the CSS file. My PHP editor will automatically upload changed files - that's a simple process.

I was hoping there were some files that I could edit and upload instead of dealing with the database version of the templates - sure it'd be slower, but it would speed my development up.

When I have a moment, I'll try to hack something that will use files when developing a template and then load them into the database for production mode.

Thanks for confirming my suspicion,
Lee

tjnemez
  • 2004/9/6 23:20

• tjnemez

• Home away from home

• Since: 2003/9/21

i think i am missing something here, but it has been a long day and i am tired.

Login

Who's Online

188 user(s) are online (148 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 188

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits