Anonymous
referer information
  • 2004/9/2 8:13

• Anonymous

• Since:

Hi all
Could someone help me please. My site australia4wd.com has been going about two months and is starting to happen.
My problem is that I have had a few people have problems that I believe may be associated with them having Norton Firewalls. My understanding that the instructions below should overcome it (and similiar ones for other versions)

My first dumb question is, what is the url I should advise them to put in. In my case is it www.australia4wd.com ?

My second one is, but I think is probably related, is one user has no problems at home, but gets errors from his work computer (he says he has no prob with othere sites).
The error is when he tries to upload pics into my myAlbum-P 2.7. He gets the following error:
XOOPS_URL is not included in your REFERER

Could someone provide any advice.

cheers
Peter

Quote:
To create a rule:
1. Open NIS or NPF.
5. Click Add Site. A new site/domain box appears. Enter the name of the site that you want to receive the referer information and click OK. In this example, it will be www.symantec.com.

Mithrandir
Re: referer information

Just put australia4wd.com in the rule as site/domain - that will take care of www.australia4wd.com as well as any subdomains.

Anonymous
Re: referer information
  • 2004/9/2 19:47

• Anonymous

• Since:

Thanks for that. Would anyone know the answer to my second question.
Quote:
The error is when he tries to upload pics into my myAlbum-P 2.7. He gets the following error:XOOPS_URL is not included in your REFERER

Or should I be asking that in a module forum

thanks Peter

Anonymous
Could not insert forum post
  • 2004/9/3 0:52

• Anonymous

• Since:

hi again (yep big donation coming to paypal)

My user has done everything recommended but still gets:
"Could not insert forum post"

He turned of Norton 2004 and he can do everything.
He entered www.australia4wd.com with no success, all I can think of is should he enter:

http://australia4wd.com instead. (post script that didnt work either)

Or is it possible that somewhere in my set up I still have a XOOPS url

stumped
Peter

Anonymous
referer + norton 2004
  • 2004/9/4 7:54

• Anonymous

• Since:

Problem with 2004 user was finger (wrong button selected)
I got him to send me a screen dump and he had not correctly followed the instruction posted elswhere.
I am getting another screen dump done with the correct Norton 2004 settings and will post it in the coreect section, to go with the screen shot provided by someone else of the 2003 settings (which have been very usefulk.

Thanks everyone

Anonymous
Re: referer + norton 2004
  • 2004/9/5 9:04

• Anonymous

• Since:

please find a picture guide for users having troubles with NIS 2004.
I know there is a similiar one for 2003 somewhere but I cant relocate it, so I thought post it here and then someone might move it to the correct spot.
Please feel free to reproduce it as required. I found it useful to send to a user who had the same problem
cheers
Peter

Resized Image

Resized Image

Resized Image

Login

Who's Online

230 user(s) are online (157 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 230

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits