McNaz
Xoops Module Development and Hosting
  • 2004/8/26 16:59

• McNaz

• Just can't stay away

• Since: 2003/4/21

Hi all.

<shamelessplug>

Just wanted to drop in, say hi and plug my new website,http://panthersoftware.com. Before I continue I must apologise for the plug , but I am new at this.

Quick background info. I’ve been developing client/server apps for the last ten years and stumbled onto PHP about a year ago. Shortly after that I stumbled onto XOOPS and well…. Fell in love!!!...sighhh..

I’ve used XOOPS in a few personal websites and recently installed it at one of my client’s sites. After doing a few custom modules (helpdesk and LDAP phone book lookups) I couldn’t help but feel that I should offer my services as a XOOPS developer, XOOPS host etc..

So here I am. If anyone needs any custom module work doing then I’d hope you’d consider my services. Same goes for hosting.

Thanks for giving me the time to say hi and again, sorry for the plug .

PS. Love the work you do XOOPS team.

</shamelessplug>

carnuke
Re: Xoops Module Development and Hosting
  • 2004/8/26 21:59

• carnuke

• Home away from home

• Since: 2003/11/5

Hi McNaz,

Glad you like xoops. I guess your offer was on a commercial basis, if so occasionally users will want a custom build/design around XOOPS CMS. Problem is, as you can see we are really open source here, so there is little opportunity for 'commercial visibility'.

If you are really interested in developing on a more altruistic basis... uh-hum, there's plenty of scope athttp://dev.xoops.org

BTW, the top link to NEWS on your site returns a blank page.

Richard

Mithrandir

Well, at least you found the right forum to use as the XOOPS Hosting forum really is one of the only forums meant for commercial offerings.

Good luck with everything

jmass
  • 2004/8/27 1:03

• jmass

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2003/12/18

I respectfully disagree.
Quote:
Problem is, as you can see we are really open source here, so there is little opportunity for 'commercial visibility'.

There is plenty of commercial visibility. I have paid for module development, as have many others. Of course I would go with someone with more than say 10 posts.

JMass

McNaz
  • 2004/8/27 5:39

• McNaz

• Just can't stay away

• Since: 2003/4/21

Is that 10 posts or more than 10 posts?

To be honest I have almost started a project or two at dev.xoops.org but decided that my modules didn't realy qualify as they were too specific to my needs.

The only one I've done a while ago was the UT2003 stats modules for XOOPS (wrapper code) but that was becoming a time consuming excerise to maintain so I had to bow out . I believe that one can still be seen on sourceforge.

As for the number of my posts... well, I'm more of a lurker than a poster

Lastly, thanks for the best wishes.

Cheers.

Login

Who's Online

246 user(s) are online (175 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 246

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits