W1ZeR
Total Beginner, 2 Issues....
  • 2004/8/23 8:08

• W1ZeR

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/8/20

I posted this in the Themes forums but did not get a reply and I am desperate

Complete Beginer, 2 issues
Hi, As the title says, I am a complete beginer at XOOPS and theme design. I have very limited HTML/CSS skills. I know nothing about PHP, JS, etc.

I am trying to stuggle though customising my XOOPS site and am running into problems.

1. Whilst playing around, trying to understand how to control and manipluate the theme, I entered some bits of code that now for some reason will not go away. for example I enteres some text (TEST TEST TEST) in the headerbar. Even tho I have deleted it, saved it and re-uploaded it. It is still there!

2. I want to set a background image in the headerbanner tb. I have tried the following

background="header_background.jpg"
style="background-image: url(header_background.jpg)"
and in the style.css
"background-image: url(header_background.jpg)"

none of these options work and they seem to be affected by problem 1.

Any ideas? I am a total newbie.. so be gentle

CeBepuH
Re: Total Beginner, 2 Issues....
  • 2004/8/23 8:16

• CeBepuH

• Not too shy to talk

• Since: 2002/6/10

Go to Admin >> Preferences >> General Settings and set Yes to: "Update module template .html files from themes/your theme/templates directory?"

carnuke
  • 2004/8/23 10:30

• carnuke

• Home away from home

• Since: 2003/11/5

Another point to remember ... When you make changes, especially to images, they don't always change when you view in the browser! Why? You need to clear your browser cache, ie delete all history content. Browsers often pull stored images out of the cache in preference to displaying new content from the server. There is a browser setting you can change on this. Also remember to delete all files (except index) in templates_c directory on your server. Especially when you are making changes to templates.

For more information on theme building, CSS and basic tutorials visit the docs site below.

Richard

W1ZeR
  • 2004/8/23 11:59

• W1ZeR

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/8/20

wow! thanks!

That simple setting solved both problems.

Thank you very much!!

Login

Who's Online

221 user(s) are online (146 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 221

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits