Schwa
upgrade a 1.3 module to work with 2.?
  • 2004/8/15 14:39

• Schwa

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/8/15

unfortunately the module I am interested in using (ED2K) appears to be written to function with v1 and not v2...

I actually have v2 installed and running, but the module does not work (debug shows calls to files only in 1.3) and I have no idea how to re-do the scripts so they work in v2...

Is it possible to do within a framework or do I need to fully understand the scripts?

Jan304
Re: upgrade a 1.3 module to work with 2.?
  • 2004/8/15 15:47

• Jan304

• Official Support Member

• Since: 2002/3/31

Hi there,

Most 1.3 that do not call specific 1.3 functions will work with 2.x. There might be exceptions ofcourse...

And upgrading those module won't be that difficult, but I'm afraid that it won't be easy either.

Check this module:
https://xoops.org/modules/mydownloads/singlefile.php?cid=24&lid=769

Just a clone of mydownloads module but with another name (myEd2k), so that you can seperate normal modules from ed2k links. Hope this helps ya a bit.

// The module you want to use isn't even a 1.3 module, but an 1.2. In that system admin wasn't seperated from user interface. You might want to try with that module (quick solution): Open index.php, disable inclution of header.php, instead include mainfile, so you should get this:
Quote:
include("config.inc");
//include("header.php");
include("../../mainfile.php");
include("../../header.php");

Remember a couple of things, this module proberly requires register_globals on, and after the normal XOOPS install, you also have to run modules/myed2kfiles/admin/install.php for creating tables.

Goodluck with this one.

Schwa
Re: upgrade a 1.3 module to work with 2.?
  • 2004/8/16 0:45

• Schwa

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/8/15

Yes, I've seen the other ed2k one and it's not what I need, but I guess it will work in a pinch, I would like to get this one limping along, if I can...

I adjusted the index.php to include mainfile.php rather than header.php and it now causes no debug errors.

Quote:
Remember a couple of things, this module proberly requires register_globals on, and after the normal XOOPS install, you also have to run modules/myed2kfiles/admin/install.php for creating tables.

Yes, now I have run install.php and it asks if I want the tables created filled or empty with a start button which runs createtable.php... but getting some debug stuff at the bottom during those:

Notice [PHP]: Use of undefined constant _ADMINMENU assumed '_ADMINMENU' in file modules/myed2kfiles/admin/install.php line 20
 Notice 
[PHP]: Undefined variableact in file modules/myed2kfiles/admin/install.php line 22
 Notice 
[PHP]: Undefined variableact in file modules/myed2kfiles/admin/install.php line 40
 Notice 
[PHP]: Undefined variableact in file modules/myed2kfiles/admin/install.php line 52
 Notice 
[PHP]: Undefined variableact in file modules/myed2kfiles/admin/install.php line 64
 Notice 
[PHP]: Undefined variableact in file modules/myed2kfiles/admin/install.php line 125

Notice [PHP]: Undefined variabletabletype in file modules/myed2kfiles/admin/createtable.php line 62

Is this to do with register_globals? What's that, and how do I turn it on?

Login

Who's Online

424 user(s) are online (65 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 424

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Sep 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits