russtik
Can't delete the contents of /templates_c folder
  • 2004/8/13 16:19

• russtik

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/8/13

Hi.

I have an install of XOOPS on a web server i use for testing purposes. Some time ago I screwed up a hack on the redirect page and never bothered to sort it out. Now I want to start using this installation of XOOPS again and would like to do a full, fresh install with version 2.0.7 starting from scratch. When I tried to delete the old version on the server it won't let me delete the /templates_c folder, returning an error 550: Forbidden command argument.

Anyone know what's going on? It's driving me mad. The new installation of XOOPS has retained the screwed up redirect page hack which won't let you proceed after logging in.

Bender
Re: Can't delete the contents of /templates_c folder
  • 2004/8/13 17:38

• Bender

• Home away from home

• Since: 2003/3/10

Could it be that for some reason you are not the owner of that particular folder?

If so you should contact your host about it.

You can check this for example using smart ftp and compare it to other folders you create.

djsckizo
Re: Can't delete the contents of /templates_c folder
  • 2004/8/13 18:05

• djsckizo

• Just can't stay away

• Since: 2003/5/9 8

I had this problem when I was using Host4Students.com as my host. They use Ensim with Safe Mode On. I think that safe mode had something to do with it because any time I uploaded anything, or had the system itself make files like these temp files, my ftp programs would not delete them. I'd get this error. I eventually just had to log into the control panel for my hosting account and delete them that way.

Login

Who's Online

142 user(s) are online (103 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 142

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits