sturgis
Yellow Pages portal module I-Frames problem also
  • 2004/8/11 13:48

• sturgis

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/8/11

Update: I'm now using an I-Frame in xf-section to do what I needed. Told you all I was a newb! If anyone wants to see what it looks like (and my site in general tho theres not much there yet, go tohttp://torcnm.cloudy.biz Stupid domain name I know but my wife likes the cloudy part.

Hey, this is only my 2nd post, nice to meet everyone. Try to take it easy on the newb?
I don't know if it's possible or not, but I've been looking for ways to get my local area businesses listed on my website (I'm using X-directory right now). Not for pay, just because it's a small community website and I'd like to promote the locals!
While x-directory works well enough, adding entries is a nerve wracking proposition considering how many entries I need to input.
So, after looking at the yahoo yellow pages which already show every business I want in my listing, I was wondering if anyone has looked either into a way to grab listings and catagories from an already existing yellow pages site, or perhaps just wrap the current yahoo site into my page. I have to say though, I read somewhere else that I-Frames could be used to do this, but for some reason I can't make em work. Module is installed, but when I click the menu link, the screen flashes for a sec, then reverts to my default view.
Ideas anyone?
Thanks in advance for any and all help!

Login

Who's Online

162 user(s) are online (103 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 162

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits