woosterisp
Limiting Ads placed to Ads Purchased
  • 2004/8/2 19:25

• woosterisp

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/5/20

I am trying to figure out how to go about limiting the number of ads(myAds) placed to the number of ads purchased. I've set up 3 fields in the user profile;
ads
adspurchased
adsleft
and need to know how to get it to recognize the different fields.

I've tried writing sql statements that extracts the count from the ann_annonces table, and got it to work somewhat in the userinfo file, but get an error - action not allowed when the insert/update function is called. It doesn't work in any of the other files, either in the main area, or in the myAds module.

The goal is to have a client purchase a block of ads, and the program then updates the "adspurchased" field, updates the "adsleft" field from the number of "ads" placed field subtracted from the "adspurchased" field. This is to prevent a user from placing ads without first purchasing them. To see what I'm referring to seehttp://www.avpropmart.com and check the member directory and then click on a user file.

Has this been done and if so anybody have a clue where I might find something of this nature? If not, can anybody steer me in the right direction?

Thanks,

Login

Who's Online

101 user(s) are online (43 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 101

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: May 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits