djsckizo
Your thoughts on Kooshin.com
  • 2004/7/27 18:29

• djsckizo

• Just can't stay away

• Since: 2003/5/9 8

They seem to have some pretty restrictive Terms of Service, but they have some intresting prices. However, some of these seem a bit off:

Reseller Account #4
$35/month
25gigs of space
25gigs of bandwith.

Semi-dedicated box
$35/month
20gigs of space
350gigs of bandwith

That's 5 gigs less in space but 14x more bandwith. Some of this doesn't seem to make sense.

Anyone use them or hear anything about them?

http://www.kooshin.com

sbkiller
Re: Your thoughts on Kooshin.com
  • 2004/7/27 21:03

• sbkiller

• Just can't stay away

• Since: 2004/6/9 2

The storage it's huge.

I rather pay about $10 max per month

I'm paying now $5 a month for 400MB already

I also heardhttp://www.fuitadnet.com/

good cost

djsckizo
  • 2004/7/27 23:58

• djsckizo

• Just can't stay away

I've checked them out before too, but they have a TOS that prevents me from using them. The fact that they won't allow any kind of adult material at all voids my 18+ area of my forum, and I'd rather not have to bend my own site around just for the host like that. Kooshin won't allow mp3 files which screws up my music site ("my" as in the music I make)...which I was going to power with XOOPS but it's a bit of overkill for the site. Using XOOPS on my personal music site would be like killing an ant with a hydrogen bomb.

Right now I'm under Surpass Hosting's 1st reseller plan...$10 a month, 3 gigs of space.

I'm also using my friend Mike's hosting for my forum/image host. $10 a month, gig of space, 25 of bandwith, plus him there in case i need something specific.

sbkiller
  • 2004/7/28 0:05

• sbkiller

• Just can't stay away

• Since: 2004/6/9 2

I chose to switch tohttp://www.fuitadnet.com/ til my current webhost contract ended. (1 year, dam...)

My current hosting also have TOS prevent 18+ material but I don't put 18+ material.lol

djsckizo
  • 2004/7/28 0:58

• djsckizo

• Just can't stay away

I switched from Hostonic to Surpass Hosting a few months ago because Hostonic has horrible service. I was going to use eboundmedia but they took my $4 and never activated my account, never answered my emails, and deleted all of my support tickets.

Yeah, see that's my problem. My site can potentially be a resource killer, so I need somewhere that I can grow with someone who I trust to be able to manage the system properly. This guy does this type of stuff for a living, so I'm pretty confident leaving it on his site. Besides, he runs a similar site, xmike.com, but uses his own code. We've had hundreds of users online at the same time in the forum alone, which doesn't count the tons of people who were viewing the image rating parts of the site. He's good like that

However, I'm looking into getting a dedicated box eventually. Too bad no one has used Kooshin..well, so far atleast.

Login

Who's Online

221 user(s) are online (144 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 221

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits