falcon911
Looking to add a tribes 2 module
  • 2004/7/21 11:21

• falcon911

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/7/20

I have been looking to add a tribes 2 module to my XOOPS website (www.miamivehicles.com). Basically the module would keep a live status of the server and track of player stats on a MySQL database. Any suggestions?

Thanks,

Daniel

Mithrandir
Re: Looking to add a tribes 2 module

I have some code for live status used in my serverbooking module (http://cbs.myexp.de - the query isn't working, though, as I suspect it is being blocked by the webhost) but I would not know where to begin with collecting stats

Besides, who cares about T2 with T:V coming out within months?

falcon911
  • 2004/7/21 23:37

• falcon911

• Just popping in

Thanks for your response. That pretty neat on the server booking.. But T:V is not making any intrest in the old timers of tribes 2. Only 32 players max.. come on.. This is 2004 not 1999. The speeds home users/players can have now.. This game should be at 128 players. But no they had to cut the max players in 1/2. But thats another topic..

So far I am looking at the HLstats at United admins to see if they can come up with something. But if anyone else has any ides. Please speak up.

intel352
  • 2004/7/22 0:42

• intel352

• Module Developer

• Since: 2003/11/23

if you're looking into hlstats, why not look at our very own xhlstats

http://dev.xoops.org/modules/xfmod/forum/forum.php?thread_id=330&forum_id=247&post_id=547

there's a thread about it here on xoops.org that i started as well, with screenshots and whatnot, as well as a thread on unitedadmins (i'm an HLStats web dev. staff member there)

anyways, if you can find any type of stats utility for tribes2 (dunno if it exists, and tribes2 sites have been dying steadily for the past few years, just like the number of active players), it might be feasible to incorporate it into xhlstats. same for t2 query code (actually, my vision is to get hlstats to a very useable point, feature complete, etc, and then start a new module based off of hlstats and a few other gaming modules, to create a unified gaming module with support for more than just hl-based games)

i'd like to keep the development separate, since they'd be different animals. i know unitedadmins is also looking to create a new stats system from scratch, since many of the devs don't understand hlstats (i haven't even glanced at the perl scripts, lol, it's over my head there), and it isn't very supportive of a modularized structure and multiple game support

anyways, hopefully some of this info will be useful to ya (or at least spark new ideas)

falcon911
  • 2004/7/22 20:02

• falcon911

• Just popping in

Very intresting. Thanks for he heads up. I would very intrested in helping out this project. I might have a coder that could possibly help us out. Please keep in touch at dcsvany@mindspring.com. I really can't do too much but give you a server for logs and such. ( I'm a network guy by heart) But it would be intresting in converting HLserver to be XStatsserver for multiple games and convert it a XOOPS type of format for modules. Maybe not just XOOPS but for a all around install. The upcomming T:V might be of intrest to do this for also.

intel352
  • 2004/7/22 20:06

• intel352

• Module Developer

if your developer is good with perl (the hlstats log parser) then he'd definitely be useful. if he's interested, he can sign up athttp://dev.xoops.org and then contact me there

you could be the tester (since i don't have a tribes2 server setup, and i don't know squat about running a t2 server)

Kalobotz
  • 2004/8/29 10:42

• Kalobotz

• Not too shy to talk

• Since: 2004/5/26

Are there any plans for Unreal, Doom, and Quake type games?

Mithrandir

Since T2 is practically dead and Tribes:Vengeance is just around the corner and based on an Unreal engine, it might be best to focus on a generic Unreal stats module for broader appeal.

intel352
  • 2004/8/29 15:08

• intel352

• Module Developer

i wish they would sneak t2 back into the gaming scene, it's still a kickass game.

t:v ain't that great...

Login

Who's Online

131 user(s) are online (92 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 131

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: May 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits