Casey
Uninstalling failed modules?
  • 2004/7/20 2:12

• Casey

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/7/18

I'm a C++ programmer who recently (2-3 days ago) came across XOOPS and was hoping to use the base system + some custom modules (which I could release back to the community) which would be related to event planning - my wedding specifically :). The PHP part doesn't look too difficult. Anyone else try to make that transition - is there anything I need to watch out for?

My real problem that I have at the moment is that the wiki basically only contains the kickstart guide and directory structure. Anyway, I did the kickstart, got my greeter going (finally). When I figured I'd throw together my own module I messed up my directory structure. No big deal right, delete, fix it, and start over. Well, I tried that but I am unable to uninstall the module. Can anyone give me some help with this? I'm totally clueless as to how to get rid of the module-box on the administration page. I deactivate it and click delete and all I get is a blank white page.

Dave_L
Re: Uninstalling failed modules?
  • 2004/7/20 9:13

• Dave_L

• XOOPS is my life!

• Since: 2003/11/7

Quote:
blank white page

That could mean a lot of things. If you turn on PHP debug, you might get a useful error message.

If this is only a test-install of Xoops, the simplest solution might be to uninstall XOOPS (drop the database tables) and start over. Before trying to reinstall your test module, make a backup of the database, so that you can revert if the database gets messed up.

Also, when you install a module, a list of the database changes is displayed. Saving that list could be helpful if the module doesn't get installed properly.

Casey
Re: Uninstalling failed modules?
  • 2004/7/20 23:54

• Casey

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/7/18

Hmm, I just dropped the information referring to the modules from the MySQL table. That seems to have fixed things.

Login

Who's Online

231 user(s) are online (76 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 231

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Aug 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits