temporary
XOOPS and PHP5
  • 2004/7/14 12:12

• temporary

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/7/14

hi all!

just installed mod_php5 on my webserver, to check wether XOOPS is still running or not...

had some minor problems, which nearly all lead to misconfiguration (sessions were disabled). the only problem with XOOPS is object.php's clone()-method, because clone now is a keyword.

so i changed the function name to _clone() and renamed all calls, and afterwards XOOPS ran like a charm under php5!

any chance there will be an official release soon that renames the clone-method?

stephan

Marco
Re: XOOPS and PHP5
  • 2004/7/14 12:24

• Marco

• Home away from home

• Since: 2004/3/15

search in the XOOPS forum, somebody has already find XOOPS limits in php5 environment
and keep cool, all isp would probably work with v5 of php only in about 12 months...
today they have to deal with 4.3.8 for security reasons...

temporary
  • 2004/7/16 5:56

• temporary

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/7/14

Huh?
I'm keeping cool - just wanted to inform other about the problem i found when trying it with PHP5 and how to fix it.

And I think you're wrong with that one. Ok, hosters will migrate slowly to PHP5, but I'll bet that all Linux Distributions will bundle PHP5 within one or two months.

And people trying XOOPS at home with a new distro won't understand why it doesn't run...

But again, this was no rant, just a post with informational character - you negative reply was absolutely unnecessary.

Marco
  • 2004/7/16 6:21

• Marco

• Home away from home

• Since: 2004/3/15

Quote:

keep cool

just to say that many servers run today in 4.2.X and oldest 4.3.X version, more than we think...it's like register globals on/off...
v5 is a major evolution, like V4 was after V3
couln't find up to date stats, but that's the fact

sure that the team think about it, cf forum at SF...

Login

Who's Online

218 user(s) are online (137 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 218

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits