stavros
Module does not exist error
  • 2004/7/13 5:37

• stavros

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/7/13

Hi all,

I just installed XOOPS as per the instructions, and have chmod'd everything correctly.
When I view the website i get an error saying "selected module does not exist"
xoops is installed on a Linux box, MySQL etc is all set up and running correctly.
all that shows up on the left hand side, is the login box, search, main menu and news topics. clicking on any of these results in the above error. except for the login box.
if I try to login with the admin user i created during installation, nothing happens.
the login box just reappears, but in the main window. if i enter the username and password again. it just reloads the page.

any ideas whould be greatly appreaciated!!
Cheers

Steve

koertzen
Re: Module does not exist error
  • 2004/7/13 6:17

• koertzen

• Just popping in

• Since: 2003/10/22

You neeed to install the modules via the System Admin tool.

Go to Administration > System Administration > Modules.

You will see System at the top of the list. This one is automatically loaded. Below that are some modules that have not yet been loaded. Click on the little disk-like icon for each one to start the loading process.

Once your module is loaded, it will be in the upper part of the module administration window and the module will be active.

You should review the FAQ under section 12 of the Xoops Wiki. It's also linked as "Wiki Home" under the "Xoops Documentation" menu to the left, so you can find it easily every time! :)

stavros
Re: Module does not exist error
  • 2004/7/13 23:07

• stavros

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/7/13

Thats just it.
i don't have the section for administration!
i can't even login as admin with teh password i created during the installation.
i have just tried it again with a fresh install, and made sure everything was done 1000% correctly. but alas i still am recieving the same errors.
:(

Login

Who's Online

156 user(s) are online (100 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 156

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: May 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits