KonaBreath
Changed Domain => Lost Admin Privileges
  • 2004/7/11 3:16

• KonaBreath

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/7/11

Hi,
I originally setup my installation of XOOPS on a temp domain (eg temp1.mydomain.com), and it was working without any problems. Later, I switched it to another domain on the same server (by editing mainfile.php). The site still shows up fine, but for some reason, when I login and the click on "administration", it gives me the message "You don't have the right to access this area ". If I change the domain back, it works fine.
Also, after changing the domain name in mainfile.php, I also cleared the cache folder, as well as the templates_c cache folder, and I deleted my cookies and temporary internet files.
Does anyone have any idea why the admin permissions might get lost when changing domains? Thanks for any thoughts.

KonaBreath
Re: Changed Domain => Lost Admin Privileges
  • 2004/7/11 14:29

• KonaBreath

• Just popping in

I tried completely re-installing the xoops, and specifying the new domain during setup. To do this, I removed all the XOOPS files and directories and delete all of the XOOPS tables from the database. Then, after re-installing the files and going through the installation process, I have the same thing happening. I can login, but, I don't have admin privileges. I can't understand why it would let me login but not have admin privileges. I've done some looking through the source code, but couldn't really follow exactly why it was kicking me out.

KonaBreath
Re: Changed Domain => Lost Admin Privileges
  • 2004/7/11 14:58

• KonaBreath

• Just popping in

RESOLVED

For the most part, I found out the issue. For the second domain, for some reason, I have to lower my zone alarm cookie settings (but didn't need to lower Internet Explorer cookie settings). I guess there's probably something not 100% correct in the DNS entries of the second domain.

Anyways, as I had suspected, it came down to a cookie issue. Next time I'll choose pie or ice cream instead.

Login

Who's Online

425 user(s) are online (58 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 425

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Sep 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits