iolai
Content modules
  • 2004/7/5 21:50

• iolai

• Quite a regular

• Since: 2004/6/26

I've tried a lot of modules until now, and seen ALL the features I need. However, none in one module.

The features I ask for are pretty simple:

1. To have expandable main menu (like in xfsection or wfsection), however I want to change the contents of this menu, so it doesn't point to 'Submit article', 'Popular' and 'Rated', but whatever I want.

2. Each of the links should point to whatever content I want, like TinyD, but TinyD doesn't have expandable menu, and when you clone, you are limited in the name of the clone (tinycontent0, tinycontent1, etc, instead of custom names).

Any recommendations? Or maybe some online sites that already have such module?

Thank you.

tl
Re: Content modules
  • 2004/7/5 23:24

• tl

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2002/6/23

expandable menu is controlled by xoops_version.php. You will have to modify the file for each module to fit your needs.

news and sub menu
// Menu 
$modversion['hasMain'] = 1;
$modversion['sub'][1]['name'] = _MI_NEWS_SMNAME1;
$modversion['sub'][1]['url'] = "submit.php";
$modversion['sub'][2]['name'] = _MI_NEWS_SMNAME2;
$modversion['sub'][2]['url'] = "archive.php";

Quote:
2. Each of the links should point to whatever content I want, like TinyD, but TinyD doesn't have expandable menu, and when you clone, you are limited in the name of the clone (tinycontent0, tinycontent1, etc, instead of custom names).

Well, wiki.xoops.org has a tutorial on staticContents, you may want to take a look.

Xoops is very customizable, but to get what you want, you will have to be prepared to modify files.

iolai
Re: Content modules
  • 2004/7/6 19:41

• iolai

• Quite a regular

• Since: 2004/6/26

I know nothing about writing modules for xoops, but isn't it a simple module to write, and a very useful one?

I wonder why there are no modules that do it.

Login

Who's Online

806 user(s) are online (48 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 806

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Jul 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits